Social Media Post Ideas for Halloween 2022
Halloween is a great time to get creative with your social media posts! Customers and clients love to engage with this holiday, whether it is celebrating with kids, colleagues or fellow partiers.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out our list of ideas for Halloween 2022.
- Share a photo of your Halloween costume!
- Show off your Halloween decorations!
- Share a photo of you and your friends or family in costume!
- Make a fun Halloween-themed graphic or meme!
- Challenge your followers to a Halloween trivia contest!
- Ask your followers to share their own Halloween photos or stories!
Get Creative With Your Profile Picture.
Halloween is the perfect time to get creative with your profile picture on social media!
Whether you want to be spooky, cute, or show off your Halloween spirit, there are plenty of ways to make your company profile picture stand out.
Adding a Halloween-themed frame is easy to make your profile picture more festive.
Facebook and Instagram both offer a variety of frames that you can add to your profile picture. You can also create your own frame by adding Halloween-themed stickers or overlays to a photo.
If you want a more traditional approach, you can have your team dress up in a costume and take a selfie. This is an excellent option if you don’t want to change your profile picture, and gives people a bit more of a glimpse into the fun side of your organization.
You can also take advantage of Instagram’s “Temporary Profile Picture” feature, which allows you to set a temporary profile picture that will expire after 24 hours.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, take a look at how some brands and celebrities are decorating their profile pictures for Halloween:
Spooky: For a spooky twist on your profile picture, try adding some creepy effects like bats or spider webs. You can also use black-and-white filters to create a more sinister look.
Cute: If you want to go for a cute Halloween look, try dressing up as your favourite character from a movie or TV show. You could also use props like pumpkins or candy corn (gross, I know) to add a festive flair to your photo.
Funny: If you want to add humour to your profile picture, try dressing up in a ridiculous costume or making a funny face. You can also use puns or jokes related to Halloween in your caption or bio.
One of the best ways to notice your Halloween posts is to use hashtags. Using relevant hashtags, you can make sure that your posts are seen by people searching for Halloween content. Here are some popular Halloween hashtags that you can use:
Create a Halloween-Themed Graphic.
1. Start by creating a Halloween-themed graphic. This can be something as simple as a jack-o’-lantern or a haunted house. You can also get creative and create a Halloween scene with many elements.
2. Once you have your graphic, start thinking about what message you want to share with it. Some examples could be “Happy Halloween!”, “Trick or Treat!” or “BOO!”.
3. Once you have your message, add it to your graphic using text overlays or stickers. We highly recommend using Canva for this.
4. Finally, share your finished product on social media using the hashtags mentioned aboved.
Make a Poll.
Halloween is the perfect time to post something fun and interactive on social media.
A poll is a great way to engage your followers and get them talking. Here are some ideas for polls you can post on Halloween:
- Which is your favourite Halloween candy?
- What was your best Halloween costume ever?
- What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
- Have you ever had a real-life encounter with a ghost?
Go live on your social media platform and give your followers a behind-the-scenes look at your Halloween preparations.
Whether you’re carving pumpkins, making costumes, or decorating your home, your followers will love getting a sneak peek at what you have in store for the holiday.
Share a Halloween Recipe.
One of the best ways to get your followers in the Halloween spirit is to share a delicious Halloween recipe! Whether it’s a spooky cake, creepy cookies, or a ghoulish dip, your followers will love getting some ideas for their own Halloween festivities.
Share a Halloween Costume Idea.
It’s never too early to start thinking about your Halloween costume! In 2022, why not dress up on your favourite social media platform?
You could be Facebook, with a blue paint job and a big “like” button on your chest. We saw someone literally put a belt and secure a book to side of their face in an attempt to be “Facebook” once, but we just called him Bookface all night. Or Twitter, with a bird’s nest on your head and a “tweet” button somewhere visible.
Instagram would be easy – wear sunglasses and carry around a filter or two.
Offer a Discount.
If you want to get more people in the door this Halloween, offer a discount! You can do this in a few ways:
- Give a percentage off your total purchase
- Give a discount on Halloween-themed items
- Give a BOGO deal (buy one, get one free)
Promote your discount, so people know to take advantage of it!
Host a Halloween Giveaway.
Halloween is the perfect time to give back to your loyal followers and customers.
Hosting a Halloween giveaway is a great way to show appreciation and get people excited about your brand.
There are a few things to keep in mind when hosting a giveaway:
- You’ll want to ensure the prize is relevant to your brand and something your target audience would be interested in.
- You’ll want to create clear and concise rules for the giveaway so that everyone knows what they need to do to enter.
- You’ll want to promote the giveaway ahead of time so that people have time to join.
If you’re looking for some ideas on what kind of prize to give away, here are a few suggestions:
- A Halloween-themed gift basket filled with your products
- A gift certificate for a free product or service
- A discount code for your online store
Halloween is a time to show your company’s true colours. It gives you the opportunity to show potential clients that you are more than just a company that is trying to make money, as well as employ a solid content marketing strategy.
No matter what you decide to do, remember that a Halloween giveaway is a great way to show your appreciation for your fans and customers!